Are you the Male Undergraduate of the Year?
We're searching UK universities to find the outstanding Male Undergraduate of the Year. You must be ambitious, entrepreneurial and commercially minded.
A trip to Paris! L’Oréal will treat one lucky winner to either a year’s placement or a ten-week summer internship, including a trip to L’Oréal’s Paris HQ and a day with members of the senior management committee.
We are delighted to introduce the 2019 finalists for this award.
Alexandros Varianos | University of Bristol | Economics
Andreas Seraphim | University of Leeds | Economics
Hamish Greening | University of Reading | Philosophy, Politics and Economics
Konrad Hajdus | University College London, University of London | Politics and East European Studies
Lewis Kinney | University of Glasgow | Law
Max Taylor | SOAS, University of London | Politics and International Relations
Narain Campanella | King's College London, University of London | Business Management
Tahmid Ali | University of Hull | Accounting and Financial Management
Tom Myhill | University of Warwick | Economics
Winner:William Jolley | Durham University | Mathematics
To enter you must:
- be a male undergraduate student at a university in the UK
- be in your first or second year of a three-year course or your first, second or third year of a four-year course at university
- have the right to work in the UK after graduation
- be available to accept the prize of either a ten-week summer internship or year-long placement with L’Oréal commencing in 2019
- Applicants from any degree discipline are welcome. L’Oréal encourages applications from those studying business studies, classics, economics, English, geography, history, languages, marketing, maths, philosophy, politics and PR degrees.
What makes an award winner?
The winner of the Male Undergraduate of the Year Award will be ambitious and have clear business acumen. You will understand the value of innovation and be resilient towards demanding goals within the fast-paced environment that L’Oréal operates in.
- be forward thinking, open-minded and flexible
- be able to adapt to change quickly
- have strong leadership skills
- possess the ability to motivate and inspire others
- be an effective communicator who can build strong relationships
- not be afraid of taking risks
- be able to overcome challenging situations to deliver exceptional results
- be entrepreneurial and creative, coming up with innovative ideas that you can turn into reality
How do I win?
Submit by 30.01.19
L’Oréal and the Male Undergraduate of the Year Award
At L’Oréal we believe that people are at the heart of what we do and investing in them is crucial for our success. L’Oréal continues to strengthen and develop the way in which we recruit talent into the business and, as a result, we have seen great success in seeing our talent pipeline develop into our business leaders of today.
Why an award specifically for male undergraduates?
We want to create a diverse and balanced workforce and attracting the best male talent will help us achieve these goals. We are running this award as we want to give males the opportunity to find out more about a career at L’Oréal and break down the perception of L’Oréal by being open and transparent about what we do.
Why should you apply for the award?
We can offer a male undergraduate a truly challenging opportunity – nothing is impossible and opportunities are limitless. L’Oréal has an excellent track record in developing our management trainees to be our business leaders of the future. The Male Undergraduate of the Year Award is a great initiative. It enables us to identify our potential future leaders and give them an opportunity to realise their full potential by giving them an insight into our business and exposure to our senior management leaders.
Our lucky winner will have the opportunity to experience a challenging year's placement or ten-week summer internship with a trip to our Paris headquarters. Our winner will also have exposure to our senior management committee and will be given the opportunity to shadow its members.
If you’re ambitious, creative and commercially minded with a strong interest in FMCG then we want to hear from you!
Find out more about us and our graduate opportunities at: www.careers.loreal.com/ukgrads