Are you the New Energy Solutions Undergraduate of the Year?
We're searching UK universities to find the outstanding New Energy Solutions Undergraduate of the Year. You must be creative, inquisitive and confident, and you won't be afraid to take the initiative.
A lucrative work placement! E.ON's winner will secure a 48-week placement and a visit to a key European project within its Business & Community Solutions Network, plus the opportunity to meet with one of E.ON's directors.
We are delighted to introduce the 2019 finalists for this award.
Ali Shioui | University of Portsmouth | Economics
Winner:Benedek Dalglish | University of Leeds | Mechanical Engineering
Grace Samuel | Henley Business School | Business and Management
Ilan sirotkin | University of Leicester | Business Economics
Maria Elisa Caires Silva | Heriot-Watt University | Mechanical Engineering
Martin Willems | University of Aberdeen | Chemical Engineering
Matthew Smith | University of Sheffield | Materials Science and Engineering
Murtatha Joda | University College London, University of London | Medical Sciences and Engineering
Prince Afriyie | University of Westminster | Business Management with Italian
To enter you must:
- be an undergraduate student at a university in the UK
- be studying for a degree that allows you to start a 48-week placement in summer 2019
- be on track to achieve a 2.1 or above
- have the right to work in the UK after graduation
What makes an award winner?
Think you’ve got what it takes to be E.ON’s New Energy Solutions Undergraduate of the Year? If you consider yourself to be an innovator who isn’t afraid to think outside of the box, you could be right.
Our winner will be able to demonstrate the relevance of their degree and will tick the following boxes:
- a genuine interest in the energy sector
- a self-starter and a 'do'er'
- creative, innovative and inquisitive
- an analytical thinker
- driven and confident
- able to take the initiative
- leadership potential
How do I win?
Submit by 30.01.19
E.ON and the New Energy Solutions Undergraduate of the Year Award
E.ON operates in a highly competitive sector so we’re always looking at ways in which we can add value. Our Business & Community Solutions (B&CS) teams are on an exciting journey to become the fastest growing solutions provider to businesses, developers and the public sector. By exploring new solutions and tailoring our existing offerings to the business and customer markets, you’ll help us to grow and our customers to thrive!
As a New Energy Solutions Undergraduate of the Year, you’ll be contributing to invaluable, business-critical decisions. The prize is a year in industry, where you’ll either work on new or ‘in-life’ propositions and see how ideas are turned into reality. And, at the end of that journey, you’ll be proud to say that you were part of the generation that changed everything. Plus, you’ll have a career ahead of you that’s as sustainable as the energy you brought to it.
Your placement could include:
- supporting the delivery of innovative new solutions for our B&CS customers or the management of changes to existing solutions
- making recommendations based upon your knowledge, insights and findings
- gaining a good understanding of the energy solutions marketplace and the needs of B&CS customers
- seeing the impact of your work and understanding how this is received by our customers
This placement could well prepare you for a future with us. Shine and we may fast-track you to the last stage of assessment for one of our graduate schemes. Equally, with the chance to explore our business while you’re here, you never know what other career opportunities it could lead to.
Find out more about us and our graduate opportunities at: eon-uk-careers.com