Are you the Construction and Engineering Undergraduate of the Year?
We're searching UK universities to find the outstanding Construction and Engineering Undergraduate of the Year. You must be a creative thinker, natural problem solver and someone who likes to challenge the status quo.
A summer placement on one of Laing O'Rourke's prestigious projects!
We are delighted to introduce the 2019 finalists for this award. The winner will be announced at the Grand Final on 26 April 2019.
Aleyna Yildirim | Brunel University | Civil Engineering
Alfred Ruff | Cardiff University | Civil Engineering
Dionysios Zapantes | Imperial College London | Civil and Environmental Engineering
Gurpreet Singh | Nottingham Trent University | Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management
Jack Winkles | University College London, University of London | Mechanical Engineering
Luke Collinson | University of Manchester | Mechanical Engineering
Pier Giuseppe Rivano | University of Cambridge | Engineering
Younas Mahmood | University of Leeds | Civil and Structural Engineering
Yusuf Shauq | University of Manchester | Civil Engineering
Zuzana Stunova | University of Surrey | Mechanical Engineering
To enter you must:
- be an undergraduate student in your first or second year of a three-year course or your first, second or third year of a four-year course at university
- be studying construction, civil, mechanical, electrical or architectural engineering or quantity surveying
- be on track to achieve a 2.1 or above
- have the right to work in the UK after graduation
What makes an award winner?
We’re looking for people who share our passion for ‘challenging and changing’ the construction industry. So, you’ll be the kind of person who:
- likes to shake up the status quo – because you know there’s a better way and you’re determined to find it
- is a creative thinker and a natural problem solver
- has a keen interest in the construction industry, meaning you’ll be up to speed with the latest developments and newest techniques
Project delivery is a team sport, so you’ll also:
- have excellent communication skills
- be willing to play an active (even leading) role
- use your initiative and drive in the face of a challenge
- be able to work as part of a group, listen to and learn from others around you
You can also get TARGETjobs' advice on completing your application.
How do I win?
Submit by 30.01.19
Laing O'Rourke and the Construction and Engineering Undergraduate of the Year Award
At Laing O’Rourke we believe talent should be celebrated. We know there are some pretty amazing undergraduates out there – and think it’s time to shine a spotlight on their achievements. That’s why, once again, we’re sponsoring the Construction and Engineering Undergraduate of the Year Award in 2019.
What’s in it for us? Well, we get to engage with students, like you, from universities across the UK. We’ll challenge you to think creatively about the future of our sector and share our insights into the latest developments in project delivery. We’ll show you the many different opportunities open to you and hopefully inspire you to continue on to a career in our industry.
What’s in it for you? In addition to receiving the recognition of respected industry figures, you’ll be in the running for a summer work placement on one of our projects. Through the selection process, you’ll also gain first-hand experience of the recruitment methods used by major companies like Laing O’Rourke – putting you ahead of many of your peers. But, most importantly, with an award like this in the bag, you’ll be well on your way to a successful future.
Find out more about us and our graduate opportunities at: careers.laingorourke.com